A few notes before Dominic posts our first day video blog from Frisco, Texas:
- It’s cold down here right now. If you’re packing for the trip, put some warm stuff in there. The temperature for the pep fest Friday will be in the 40s and it feels every bit as chilly as that. There will be heaters around the minor league baseball stadium setup, but dress as if you were tailgating at the Fargodome in November.
- Linebacker Grant Olson made the trip and attended practice in a warmup suite, but not the Bison practice gear that the other players were wearing. It was closed to the public, so we couldn’t see to what extent if any if Olson was active.
- As expected after last year, the folks are well aware of North Dakota State in this area now.
- NDSU will dress 70 players, but everybody made the trip. I talked with Leevon Perry and Colten Heagle, two injured stars who have to wait until next year. Leevon, who just got off crutches today, says he’s hoping to be full speed by next summer after microfracture surgery and Colten thinks he’ll be able to do some stuff in spring football.
- Also, if you’re coming down, NDSU’s 2:30 p.m. Friday practice that is open to the public is at the western-most field of the practice fields just north of FC Dallas Stadium.