I get into this in greater detail in Saturday’s Game Day section in The Forum, but the following fourth quarter nerd stats are something to marvel at:
- The offense is 17 of 22 in third down conversions for a success rate of 77.3 percent.
- NDSU has outgained the three toughest opponents — Kansas State, SDSU and Northern Iowa — by a 374-63 margin in total yards.
- They have outscored their five opponents 48-0.
- The last time NDSU gave up a touchdown in the fourth quarter was Nov. 10 of last year in the regular season game against SDSU.
- Ferris State had the most yards in the final 15 minutes of any opponent with 114, but that was against NDSU’s backups.
- The time of possession stats have been ridiculous. NDSU had the ball for almost 11 minutes against SDSU and 10:20 against UNI. The K-State time of possession consisted mostly of that one monster drive.