There was many a blog written by yours truly in the past calendar year extolling the virtues of NDSU playing 12 games in 2013 and I can say the decision NOT to play 12 was a smart one, the Bison hit the final 3 games of the regular season perhaps the most healthy team in the nation, Jeff hit the nail on the head, if Ryan Smith’s sprained ankle is the biggest concern, than this team is ready to go. I heard from several coaches on the Missouri Valley Conference call about how banged up our team is, and just trying to survive. Northern Iowa is a mash unit, David Johnson will not play vs Youngstown, while Sawyer Kollmorgen doesn’t look like he’ll go. Illinois State and NDSU are the only Valley teams playing 11 this year, so even if SIU or SDSU makes the playoffs, how long can they last?
Which makes what I’m about to write more confusing for Bison fans. NDSU SHOULD play 12 games next season. I’m not sure this is the first time we’ve seen the 2014 schedule, but it’s the first time we’ve blogged about it, so here it is, then my reasons for playing 12 to follow.
- August 30th – at Iowa State
- September 6th – vs. Montana
- September 13th – OPEN DATE
- September 20th – OPEN DATE
- September 27th – OPEN DATE
- October 4th – at Western Illinois
- October 11th – vs. Southern Illinois
- October 18th – vs. Indiana State
- October 25th – at South Dakota
- November 1st – vs. SDSU
- November 8th – at Northern Iowa
- November 15th – at Missouri State
- November 22nd – vs. Youngstown State