Spring football starts today at NDSU and the Bison are the last conference team to get going. Here is a brief look what’s been going on around the Missouri Valley Football Conference:
- At South Dakota State, the Jackrabbits are more concerned about the walk than the talk.
- At Northern Iowa, the Panthers are concentrating on toughness.
- At Southern Illinois, the Salukis are looking for some offensive firepower.
- At Youngstown State, the Penguins have questions to answer at receiver.
- At Missouri State, theÂ Bears have a new quarterback to replace four-year starter Cody Kirby.
- At Illinois State, quarterback Matt Brown will miss spring practice because of hip surgery, but is expected to be full strength for fall practice.
- At Indiana State, the days of figuring out which transfers were who are over.
- At Western Illinois, the Leathernecks are coming off an FCS playoff season.