North Dakota State is nearing the end of its fall camp, they’ll continue morning practices until this coming Monday and then will shift to the afternoon as school begins Tuesday at NDSU.
I was at practice for about a half hour this morning, some items to report on:
- Sophomore running back Seth Wilson was in street clothes today and not participating, not sure what happened to Wilson, will try to get an update on Friday.
- Senior wide receiver Eric Bachmeier has a cast on his right hand, he told me broke it, a tough blow for a guy trying to change positions this late in his career.
- True freshman wide receiver Zach Mathis has a hamstring injury suffered last week and hasn’t practiced since, his chance of practicing before the season opener may be slim.
- Redshirt freshman wide receiver Christian Watson has a walking boot on his right foot, he has an ankle injury, he will be sidelined for two-three weeks before he can play again, his status for the opener is up the air.
- Receivers Trevor Heit and Jimmy Kepouros have stood out to the coaches so far in fall camp, will see if that means some reps when the games come.
- The linebackers are a large group. Lot of unproven guys after the top three, Matt Entz has his work cut out for him to see who can get on the field. Junior Aaron Mercadel was not practicing today, he was in street clothes.