Football

Dom’s 2017 Preseason FCS Poll

Dom’s 2017 Preseason FCS Poll

The FCS Stats preseason poll was revealed on Monday, with the news surrounding NDSU, I decided to wait and post my vote today.  I am privileged to have a vote for the sixth consecutive year.

This year’s top eight is interesting, where each of those squads have a returning quarterback that’s poised to have a big year. I put NDSU at one over James Madison for a couple of reasons. I’m projecting the Bison to be slightly better than JMU. I believe both teams will be in Frisco in January, but with Nick DeLuca and Nate Tanguay on the field for the Bison I believe that would give them a slight edge over the Dukes.

Debate, digest and discuss.

1. North Dakota State
  24. San Diego
  25. Cal Poly
View Comments (9)

9 Comments

1. Joe Smith

August 8, 2017 at 9:48 am

Problems i see with your Top 25. No Georgia southern, No App St, No Coastal Carolina, No Old Dominion.

2. Phil (@SauceCoach)

August 8, 2017 at 10:03 am

Problems I see with your comment: All of those teams are in the FBS.

• Joe Smith

August 8, 2017 at 2:08 pm

Really? I guess i have not been paying attention. My bad, won’t happen again

• mtoutfitter

August 8, 2017 at 7:22 pm

It’s just Lakes using another fake name and pushing his constant “We have to go FBS” rant. I thought fan forums where enough for him but I guess not.

3. I.dare.dog.Moss

August 8, 2017 at 3:45 pm

From your comments on the Blog of the 7th, I am Shocked, Shocked, I say, to see you have Sam Houston at #4

• Dom Izzo

August 8, 2017 at 4:47 pm

They’ll win games, that’s why I have them ranked there. They have stepped up their non-conference, watch the game with Richmond on August 27th, that should be a great game between two top 10 teams.

• I.dare.dog.Moss

August 8, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I hope you could see my tongue planted firmly in cheek. Unless they’ve learned a lesson from last year, the committee will be in awe of Sam’s W/L, give them a high playoff berth, and watch them get bounced early. Wasn’t Sam just about the number one seed last year? And practically a no-show against JMU.

Alternatively has Sam learned anything and will they step up their level of play?

• Dewey

August 9, 2017 at 12:05 pm

SHSU was the #5 seed for the playoffs but were #1 in the coaches and possibly #1 in the media poll (IIRC)

• I.dare.dog.Moss

August 9, 2017 at 3:59 pm

I recall the committee put out two or three rankings leading into the actual playoff ranking and had JSU and Sam at one and two. I don’t recall who was first and second. Sam and Jack both kept on winning and then in the final ranking the top four teams flip flopped. That’s what I meant about Sam just about being a number one seed.