1. bisonb must stand for bisonbong because if you think the Gophers are going to come to Fargo (especially with the weak team they have this year) you are smoking something. Tell you what, if this actually happens, Kolpack will run naked through the streets of Fargo. All of them.
2. Talked to Craig about recruiting. He says they don’t have as many scholarships to offer as they’ve had in recent years because they have so many young players in the program. He says he’s made 2 offers so far. I didn’t ask who, but I know one of them is Austin Richard, the big lineman at South. Craig says there are a few good players in the region, but not as many as last year.
3. John Wheeler, our weather guy, says there’s a very good chance there will be lots of rain in Muncie on Saturday and a chance for a few storms. I was thinking exactly what Jeff was in his blog. Bad field = benefit Bison. This forecast is bad on another front–our teetime at sweet CC in Muncie.
4. The Jackson Street Resort and Casino still has NDSU +11 for Saturday’s game. I’m still taking NDSU to cover in a 7 point loss. On tape, though the BSU team sure looks impressive. Bison are confident, I know that. Much moreso than when they went into Missoula.
5. The downstairs area at the Fargodome now has carpeting and unreal seating in the team room. It looks incredibly big time.
6. Craig says he really likes his true freshman class. The 3 that are playing, of course, and he has good things to say about all those guys. He did mention that Landon Smith and Matt Anderson have caught his eye a couple extra times. Speaking of which, Pete Blincoe needs to be ready because Steffes can’t carry 40 times against these guys.