Is yours half empty or half full?
If your Bison vs. Gophers glass is half empty, here’s to you:
* Gopher offensive linemen are the best combo of agility and strength that NDSU has seen.
* Gopher receivers and TE are the best group that NDSU has played (BSU not far behind.)
* Gophers have been solid at home against everyone, even Penn State and Michigan.
* Gophers desperately need a win and aren’t likely to be complacent Saturday.
* They’re still the Gophers and more talented at most positions.
* Gopher DB’s are tall and fast, LB’s better than any the Bison have seen, not even close.
* Gopher QB is a solid pocket passer who is effective when given time.
* They smoked Kent State on the road, who’s probably the same type of team as Ball St.
If your glass is half-full, here’s to you:
* Bison Minnesota boys will use the Gopher recruiting snub as motivation.
* Bison coaches don’t have to concede anything to the Gopher staff.
* NDSU has a team spirit and a belief in each other that is very rare.
* Bison actually believe they can win (this is 90% of the battle)
* Gopher defensive backfield moving some people around at an awkward time.
* Matchups aren’t bad for NDSU. Bison size matches up well with Gophers on both lines.
* NDSU linebacker size matches up well with Gopher rushing attack.
* Bison have not yet been roasted by a pocket passer (Cupito fits in category)
* 1-AA’s have beaten some 1-A’s. Is Minnesota much better than Indiana or Northwestern?
* Bison kicking and punting game maybe a bit better than the Gophers.
* NDSU has been good in the underdog role, and has nothing to lose.
My prediction: 34-23 Gophers, would not be shocked to see it a bit closer.