Our offseason video blog coverage begins today with a game by game look at the North Dakota State football schedule. 2019 is a unique season as FCS teams are allowed to schedule 12 games and the Bison will be doing that for the second time in school history, joining the 2014 team.
This season will also include the first neutral site regular season game since the 2012 season, when NDSU faced South Dakota at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls. This blog will focus on the 12 opponents and some facts on each team.
The season begins at Target Field in Minneapolis as the Bison will face Butler out of the Pioneer League. The Forum profiled Butler last year after its historic win over Youngstown State.
- Pioneer League; 4-7 record in 2018
- Head coach: Jeff Voris (13th season)
- Biggest win in school history last year, beating Youngstown State 23-21
- Schools have never played before
- One playoff appearance in school history, 2013 First Round loss to Tennessee State, 31-0