North Dakota State’s first true “road” game of the 2019 season will take them to the East Coast for the first time since the 2006 season when NDSU faces off against the Delaware Blue Hens.
This will be a rare game in the Eastern time zone, the Bison play every other year at Youngstown State, which is in the eastern time zone, but those have been it. This is the backend of a home and home series that was announced in August of 2016, NDSU knocked off Delaware 38-10 at the Dome last September.
The Blue Hens made the FCS Playoffs last season, ending an eight year drought, falling to James Madison at home. Delaware’s stadium is undergoing a massive renovation in preparation for the 2019 season, that will cost 60 million dollars.
This is an intriguing game for the Bison, without an FBS game on the calendar in 2019, I believe many NDSU fans may travel to Delaware for this game much like they did in 2017 for the Eastern Washington game.
Delaware Blue Hens
- Colonial Athletic Association; 7-5 record in 2018 (lost in FCS 1st round to James Madison)
- Head coach: Danny Rocco (3rd season, 14-9 record)
- Pat Kehoe returns at quarterback (17 TD, 9 INT in 2018)
- Second ever meeting between schools (NDSU won 38-10 in 2018)
- NDSU: 6-1 record vs Colonial Athletic Association