I did a sitdown interview with Craig Bohl today, just to go over spring ball and storylines. Not much new, in my book, but a few nuggets…
1. Likes the new coordinators, says Vigen has some good ideas to mix things up. Likes Breske’s leadership and that he may let the new DC to run a little 3-4.
2. Encouraged by Mertens spring — reminds us all that receivers sometimes run bad routes, etc. Says they know they need to be better at that spot.
3. Says Belmont and Lemon could both play at the same time at safety — that would require one to move to free.
4. Loves the RB committee, likes the TE depth. Says OL is coming along well.
5. Says the DT spot is best on team. Likes the LB, especially Evans.
6. Asked why Anderson has not separated from Kittelson at OLB, and he said it’s a testament to Kittelson.
7. Said all 3 suspended players could come back possibly, and has not decided on a minimum amount of games they will miss.